Friday, June 29, 2012

Tonight!

Less than 24 hours till my flight! I napped late afternoon yesterday and couldn't fall asleep when night came around, so I spent my time packing everything. I'm bringing the usual; tshirts, shorts, sporting clothes, pjs, swimsuit, toiletries, blah blah. Def bringing the camera, but not too sure about the laptop. I mean, what a hassle it would be to carry it around in the airport and have to worry about it getting lost. Flight's at 00:45 Jakarta time and it's 11:43 now. Heading to a wedding first, then probably just gonna chill before taking off to the airport.

I'm really looking forward to everything going on in the conference, especially the 'sport activity'! I think it'll be really fun for everyone to playfully compete and let loose after a couple days of working. I'm also excited for the barbeque, you gotta love Spanish food, but aayy maybe that's just my tummy talking. We've got a Spanish restaurant here in Jakarta and I've been and it's really good - I'd say a 7 out of 10 - but I was chatting with one of the language teachers when school was still in and he said the real food in Spain is a hundred times better. Not to sound like a pig, I'm all for health and fitness and that, but I am sooooo looking forward to the food (oh godddd, spanish hot chocolate and churros)!! Well, the entire Spanish culture is something I'm totally looking forward to, especially the architecture! I've seen a few pics of Segovia online, and the architecture looks amazing. The rest of the Spanish culture seems really fun, like the dancing and the La Tomatina Festival and the bull fights, and especially the Running of the Bulls! I'd totally want to participate in that event, although it's probably not a good idea cause I'd most likely not survive..... but aayy fun way to go when it's eventually that time.

On a more serious note, I'm also excited for what the conference will bring. Like I said last time, I really think that I'm going to learn a ton of skills from this event. From the topics available for the project, I want to do sports. I love love love sports; the feeling of reaching gold with your team is unmatched. In Segovia, I hope my group and I can have that 'team bonding' closeness; not only is it great to have new friends, but so much more work can be done when it's done with friends. And when everyone's tight, we can surely make a project that will have a lasting impression on the sports community, whether it be big or small.

There's also going to be professional entrepreneurs at the conference as guest speakers. I can't wait to hear what they have to say; as pros, they'll be able to give us a lot of tips on being successful. I hope I'll be able to ask them questions too; I don't have any prepared right now, but I'm sure during the talks I'll come up with a lot. This isn't a chance that comes by every day! I really do feel lucky that I'm getting this opportunity.

Anyhow, I'm off to the wedding now. Just a little over 12 hours to go!

2 comments:

  1. I have read your blog it is very helpful for me. I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates. Gaming Laptop UAE

    ReplyDelete